Exhibit and sell your art in South Liverpool
dot-art is working with The Reader to curate a rolling programme of exhibitions of local artists work within the refurbished Mansion at Calderstones Park. The display areas are located within the reception area, hall, main corridor and shop. Art work on display is available to buy through the shop. This complements the existing, highly successful exhibition programme in the Reader Gallery in the stable block; attracting a different audience, as artists will not need to staff the exhibition.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS OPEN TO ALL ARTISTS, NOT JUST DOT-ART MEMBERS!
- Artists / groups are invited to complete the form here where they will be asked to submit examples of work and an exhibition proposal, as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of dates and required number of weeks.
- Exhibitions will last a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Up to 32 works can be displayed over 33 metres of display wall.
- This will be a rolling process, with applications reviewed every quarter.
Installation / deinstallation:
- Exhibitions will run from Monday to Sunday, in multiples of weeks (no part weeks).
- Artists will be responsible for transporting their work to the Mansion at the arranged time.
- For installation, artists / groups will meet a dot-art representative at The Mansion at 9am on the first Monday of their exhibition, with their work, where they will be given instructions as to how to use the hanging system, introduced to Reader staff and given a tour of the exhibition space. After receiving guidance from dot-art on placement and arrangement, artists will then hang their work.
- All work must be strung across the back ready for hanging. We have installed a professional hanging system, to ensure simple installation.
- dot-art will produce self-adhesive labels for each work, containing title, artist, media and price, as well as contact details for the dot-art Gallery. These will be provided to the artist / group to place on the wall underneath each piece of art.
- dot-art will produce exhibition information sheets for each exhibition, to be available to the public in reception and in the shop.
- Artists / groups will deinstall their work on the final Sunday of their exhibition between 4-6pm.
- All art work should be for sale.
- dot-art will produce labels for each work with full details, including price.
- Visitors will be able to purchase work through staff in the Reader Shop.
- The hire fee for the Art in the Mansion exhibition space is £200 per week.
- Commission of 25% will be taken on sales.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 017 6660.