Have you been watching BBC 1’s Home Is Where The Art Is? If the show has inspired you to commission art for your own home, dot-art has been helping people do just that for almost 15 years! We can guide you through the whole process, whatever your budget. We work with over 100 local painters, sculptors and photographers so we can help you find the perfect artist to work with.
dot-art artists Tony Evans and Rob Edmondson both appeared on the show recently and created stunning pieces that were selected by the delighted homeowners. This process is one we absolutely love; from selecting an artist, to refining designs, to the big unveil, its so exciting and a real priviledge to be part of.
Whether you have a blank wall to fill and need inspiration, or a clear idea of what you’re looking for, commissioning art means you will end up with a completely unique, personal work of art to treasure for a lifetime. Commissioning art can also be a wonderfully thoughtful gift for milestone birthdays, weddings or anniversaries.
You can make sure that commissioning art for your home is an easy, enjoyable process by following these 5 simple steps:
- Decide where in your home or garden you are looking to place your piece of art. Measure the wall or area and take some photos.
- Decide on your budget. Depending on size, materials and the level of experience of the artist you select, this could be anything from a few hundred to several thousand pounds.
- Give dot-art a call and we will talk through what you are looking for over the phone, or invite you to come into the gallery for an appointment if you prefer. Together we will find an artist whose work you love, and would like to commission.
- Your selected artist will then produce some initial sketches and ideas for you. At this stage you can make any adjustments you like, to make sure you are going to love the final piece.
- The artist completes the commissioned work, which you can either collect from the gallery, or we can have shipped to your door.
And that’s it! You have commissioned the perfect work of art for your home, completely unique to you!
If you’ve been inspired to commission a work of art or would like to find out more, call 0345 0176660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be delighted to help!