Call for Exhibition Proposals:
dot-art is working with The Reader to curate a rolling programme of exhibitions of local artists work within the refurbished Mansion at Calderstones Park. The display areas are located within the reception area, hall, main corridor and shop. Art work on display will be available to buy through the shop. This will complement the existing, highly successful exhibition programme in the Reader Gallery in the stable block; attracting a different audience, as artists will not need to staff the exhibition.
- Artists / groups are invited to complete the form here where they will be asked to submit examples of work and an exhibition proposal, as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of dates and required number of weeks.
- Exhibitions will last a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Up to 32 works can be displayed over 33 metres of display wall.
- This will be a rolling process, with applications reviewed every quarter.
- dot-art will communicate with successful artists and ensure they have all the information that need for the next steps.
Installation / deinstallation:
- Exhibitions will run from Monday to Sunday, in multiples of weeks (no part weeks).
- Artists will be responsible for transporting their work to the Mansion at the arranged time.
- For installation, artists / groups will meet a dot-art representative at The Mansion at 9am on the first Monday of their exhibition, with their work, where they will be given instructions as to how to use the hanging system, introduced to Reader staff and given a tour of the exhibition space. After receiving guidance from dot-art on placement and arrangement, artists will then hang their work.
- All work must be strung across the back ready for hanging. We have installed a professional hanging system, to ensure simple installation, which necessitates this.
- dot-art will produce self-adhesive labels for each work, containing title, artist, media and price, as well as contact details for the dot-art Gallery. These will be provided to the artist / group to place on the wall underneath each piece of art.
- dot-will produce exhibition information sheets for each exhibition, to be available to the public in reception and in the shop.
- Artists / groups will deinstall their work on the final Sunday of their exhibition between 4-6pm. On arrival at the Mansion, they should make themselves known to staff and request the tool for the hanging system. They will then be responsible for removing and taking away their work.
- All art work should be for sale.
- dot-art will produce labels for each work with full details, including price (see above).
- Visitors will be able to purchase work through staff in the Mansion shop AND by calling or emailing the dot-art Gallery.
- Shop staff will be able to remove work from display if customers wish to take work straight away.
- The hire fee for the Art in the Mansion exhibition space is £200 per week.
- Commission of 25% will be taken on sales.
- dot-art will collect payment from artist / group in advance for the hire fee.
- At the end of each exhibition, dot-art will provide a sales report to the artist / group and pay 75% of all sales via BACS transfer.
- Artists / groups are encouraged to obtain their own insurance for the works while they are on public display (dot-art can advise on this). While dot-art and The Reader will take every possible precaution against damage or loss, they cannot be held responsible for such.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 017 6660.